1. When wearing casual clothes keep your jewelry, makeup and hairstyle in a casual theme. Makeup should not be noticeable – no loud colors; hair should be toned down – no updo’s or glamorous styles and jewelry should match the occasion and dress.
2. Having designer names written on your clothes does not make you fashionable – don’t become a walking advertisement. Also shirts with cute pictures of animals or teddy bears are better left worn when you are home alone.
3. Unless you are riding a motorcycle head- to- toe leather outfits such as leather pants and jacket or skirt and jacket can be too much.
4. Wearing the same color from head to toe is slimming but make sure that you wear some accessories to break it up so the color doesn’t overpower you or become boring.
5. You should feel comfortable in your clothes so, choose clothes you like, that fit well and that are most flattering for your body shape.
6. Take time to decide in advance what you want to wear so you will not end up wearing something that makes you feel uncomfortable. Most people don’t remember what you were wearing the previous day, what they do remember the overall impression you created.